The State Fire Marshal shall notify the owner or user of the equipment in writing of the time and place of hearing of the petition, as fixed by the court or judge, and serve the notice on the defendant at least five days prior to the hearing in the same manner as original notices are served. The general provisions relating to civil practice and procedure, insofar as the same may be applicable, shall govern such proceedings except as otherwise provided in the Boiler Inspection Act. In the event the defendant does not appear or plead to such action, default shall be entered against the defendant. The action shall be tried in equity, and the court or judge shall make such order or decree as the evidence warrants.
- Laws 1943, c. 112, § 11, p. 396;
- R.S.1943, § 48-718;
- R.S.1943, (1984), § 48-718;
- Laws 1987, LB 462, § 20;
- R.S.1943, (2010), § 48-738;
- Laws 2019, LB301, § 19.
- Operative Date: July 1, 2019
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 81-5,183
- Action: shall include any proceeding in any court of this state. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Action shall: include any proceeding in any court of this state. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801