As used in the Grain Warehouse Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Nebraska Statutes 88-526
- Company: shall include any corporation, partnership, limited liability company, joint-stock company, joint venture, or association. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: shall include bodies politic and corporate, societies, communities, the public generally, individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, joint-stock companies, and associations. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
- State: when applied to different states of the United States shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories organized by Congress. See Nebraska Statutes 49-801
(1) Commission means the Public Service Commission;
(2) Direct delivery grain means all grain that is bought, sold, or transported in the name of a warehouse licensee, other than grain that is received at the licensed warehouse facilities;
(3) Direct delivery obligation means the obligation of a warehouse licensee or grain dealer to transfer title to warehouse-owned grain to a producer by an in-store transfer upon the delivery of direct delivery grain. A direct delivery obligation is treated as a grain dealer obligation until such time as it is satisfied by an in-store transfer;
(4) Grain means wheat, corn, oats, soybeans, barley, rye, flax, or sorghum which has not been processed or packaged for the purpose of distribution as seed, including, but not limited to, edible beans, whole corn plant pellets, alfalfa pellets, millet, sunflower seed, safflower seed, and any other bulk pelleted agricultural storable commodity;
(5) Grain dealer has the same meaning as in section 75-902 ;
(6) Grain in storage means any grain which has been received at any warehouse and to which title has not been transferred to the warehouseman by signed contract or priced scale ticket;
(7) In-store transfer means a method by which a warehouse licensee transfers title to warehouse-owned grain to any person in satisfaction of a direct delivery obligation between the warehouse licensee or grain dealer and the producer, and the grain remains in the warehouse;
(8) Post-direct delivery storage position means a storage position acquired through an in-store transfer in satisfaction of a direct delivery obligation;
(9) Warehouse means any grain elevator, mill, grist mill, building, or receptacle in which grain is held in storage for more than ten consecutive days;
(10) Warehouse licensee means any warehouseman who is licensed pursuant to the Grain Warehouse Act; and
(11) Warehouseman means any person, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or association who (a) receives grain for storage or stores or offers to store grain for legal consideration for another person, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or association in a warehouse where delivered or (b) receives grain for shipment to other points for storage, consignment, or resale either in or out of this state.