1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 5, every personal property in satisfaction of a debt.”>lien claimant, other than one who performs only labor, who claims the benefit of NRS 108.221 to 108.246, inclusive, shall, at any time after the first delivery of material or performance of work or services under a contract, deliver in person or by certified mail to the owner of the property a notice of right to obligation or duty. Source: U.S. DOJ “>lien in substantially the following form:
A subcontractor or equipment or material supplier who gives such a notice must also deliver in person or send by certified mail a copy of the notice to the prime contractor for information only. The failure by a subcontractor to deliver the notice to the prime contractor is a ground for disciplinary proceedings against the subcontractor under chapter 624 of NRS but does not invalidate the notice to the owner.
2. Such a notice does not constitute a lien or give actual or constructive notice of a lien for any purpose.
3. No lien for materials or equipment furnished or for work or services performed, except labor, may be perfected or enforced pursuant to NRS 108.221 to 108.246, inclusive, unless the notice has been given.
4. The notice need not be verified, sworn to or acknowledged.
5. A prime contractor or other person who contracts directly with an owner or sells materials directly to an owner is not required to give notice pursuant to this section.
6. A lien claimant who is required by this section to give a notice of right to lien to an owner and who gives such a notice has a right to lien for materials or equipment furnished or for work or services performed in the 31 days before the date the notice of right to lien is given and for the materials or equipment furnished or for work or services performed anytime thereafter until the completion of the work of improvement.
7. Upon commencement of work on a project, any prime contractor or subcontractor participating in a health or welfare fund or any other plan for the benefit of employees is required to notify such fund or plan of the name and location of the project so that the fund or plan may protect potential lien rights under NRS 108.221 to 108.146, inclusive.
8. As used in this section, ‘one who performs only labor’ does not include an express trust fund to which any portion of the total compensation of a laborer, including, without limitation, any fringe benefit, must be paid pursuant to an agreement with that laborer or the collective bargaining agent of that laborer.