Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 656 > Certified Court Reporters? Board of Nevada
- Board: means the Certified Court Reporters" Board of Nevada. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Business entity: means any form of business organization, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, limited-liability company or limited-liability partnership. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Court reporter: A person who makes a word-for-word record of what is said in court and produces a transcript of the proceedings upon request.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
- Practice of court reporting: means reporting, in this State, by the use of voice writing or any system of manual or mechanical shorthand writing:
(a) Grand jury proceedings;
(b) Court proceedings, with the exception of proceedings before a federal court;
(c) Pretrial examinations, depositions, motions and related proceedings of like character; or
(d) Proceedings of any agency if the final decision of the agency with reference thereto is subject to judicial review. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).