|507-D:2||Limitation of Product Liability Actions|
|507-D:3||Modification or Alteration of Products|
Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes > Chapter 507-D
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of these laws, shall mean the section next preceding or following that in which such reference is made, unless some other is expressly designated. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:13
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies corporate and politic as well as to individuals. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:9
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Product liability action: means any action brought for or on account of personal injury, death or property damage or other damage caused by or resulting from the development, manufacture, construction, design, formula, preparation, assembly, testing, warning, instructing, advertising, marketing, certifying, packaging, or labeling of any product. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 507-D:1
- Risk: means any risk, danger, hazard, defect, condition or adverse effect or side effect of the product in question. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 507-D:1
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- User: means a purchaser, or any individual who uses or consumes the product. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 507-D:1