|508-A:2||Action in This State by Agreement|
|508-A:3||Action in Another Place by Agreement|
|508-A:4||Uniformity of Interpretation|
Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes > Chapter 508-A
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies corporate and politic as well as to individuals. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:9
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- registered mail: when used in connection with the requirement for notice by mail shall mean either registered mail or certified mail. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:32-a
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- state: when applied to different parts of the United States, may extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall include said district and territories. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:4
- state: shall mean any foreign nation, and any state, district, commonwealth, territory or insular possession of the United States. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 508-A:1
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- United States: shall include said district and territories. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:4