|616:2||For Whose Use|
|616:4||Right of Town, etc|
|616:5||Powers of Selectmen|
|616:6||Computation of Time, etc|
|616:7||Disqualification of Justice|
|616:9||Limitation of Action|
Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes > Chapter 616
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- justice: when applied to a magistrate, shall mean a justice of a municipal court, or a justice of the peace having jurisdiction over the subject-matter. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:12
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.