New Jersey Statutes 56:3A-6. Requirements for contracts
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
6. Every contract between a performing rights society and a proprietor for the payment of royalties executed or renewed in this State shall:
a. be in writing;
Terms Used In New Jersey Statutes 56:3A-6
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- State: extends to and includes any State, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia and the Canal Zone. See New Jersey Statutes 1:1-2
b. be signed by the parties to the contract; and
c. include at least the following information:
(1) the proprietor’s name and business address and the name and location of each place of business to which the contract applies;
(2) the name and business address of the performing rights society;
(3) the duration of the contract; and
(4) the schedule of rates and terms of royalties to be collected under the contract, including any sliding scale, discount or schedule for any increase or decrease of those rates for the duration of the contract.