A. Upon the determination that a proposed district is necessary and administratively practicable, the commission shall appoint two interim supervisors who reside within the district who shall be the governing body of the district until an election of supervisors is held. The two interim supervisors shall present to the secretary of state their verified application, stating:
Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes 73-20-35
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
(1) a recital of the proceedings conducted;
(3) the name of the proposed district and its geographical boundaries;
(4) the name and official residence of each applicant together with a certified copy of each appointment evidencing the applicant’s right to office; and
(5) the designation of the principal office of the supervisors of the district. B. The verified application of the two district interim supervisors shall be accompanied by certified copies of the commission’s recorded orders of determination that the proposed district is necessary and is administratively practicable.
C. The secretary of state, upon finding the application and its supporting attachments are in substantial compliance with the provisions of this section, shall receive, file and record the application in an appropriate book of record and issue to the applicants, under state seal, a certificate of organization of the district. From the date of issuance of the certificate of organization by the secretary of state, the district shall be a governmental subdivision of the state. In any action or proceeding relating to a district or an act of the district, the certificate of organization of the district shall be admissible in evidence as proof of its contents.
D. If the secretary of state finds the name of a proposed district to be the same as or substantially similar to the name of an existing organized district, he shall certify the fact to the commission. The commission shall, with the assistance of the interim supervisors, select and submit a new name to the secretary of state.