|§ 2-7E-1||House of representatives redistricting plan|
Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 2 > Article 7E
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Contract for sale: includes both a present sale of goods and a contract to sell goods at a future time. See New Mexico Statutes 55-2-106
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- seller: means a person who sells or contracts to sell goods. See New Mexico Statutes 55-2-103