Terms Used In New York Laws > Business Corporation > Article 11 - Judicial Dissolution
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- child care product: means all pacifiers and unfilled beverage containers to be used by children under three years old for the consumption of liquids including pacifiers, baby bottles, baby bottle liners and cups, cup lids, straws and sippy cups. See
- Commissioner: shall mean the commissioner of consumer and worker protection. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Department: shall mean the department of consumer and worker protection. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Facility: means all buildings, equipment, structures, and other stationary items located on a single site or adjacent sites and owned or operated by the same person (or by any person who controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, such person). See
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- manufacture: means to produce, prepare, import, or compound a toxic chemical. See
- Organization: shall mean a business entity, including but not limited to a corporation, trust, estate, partnership, cooperative, association, firm, club or society. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Person: shall mean a natural person or an organization. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- release: means any spilling, leaking, pumping, pouring, emitting, emptying, discharging, injecting, escaping, leaching, dumping, or disposing into the environment (including the abandonment or discarding of barrels, containers, and other closed receptacles) of any hazardous chemical, extremely hazardous substance, or toxic chemical. See
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- State agency: means :
(a) each state department;
(b) division of military and naval affairs, division of state police, division of housing and community renewal, division for youth, office of general services, office of parks, recreation and historic preservation, and state university of New York;
(c) any division, board, commission, office, or bureau of any state department which is required to obtain a permit issued by the department or which undertakes an activity for which it must register with the department; and
(d) dormitory authority of the state of New York, facilities development corporation, metropolitan
authority (including the operations of all of its operating units), New York state energy research and development authority, New York state environmental facilities corporation, New York state olympic regional development authority, New York state thruway authority, New York state urban development corporation, port authority of New York and New Jersey, and power authority of the state of New York. See
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- toxic chemical: means a substance on the list described in 42 U. See
- Trade name: shall mean that name under which an organization or person solicits, engages in, conducts or transacts a business or activity. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102