New York Laws > Business Corporation > Article 11 – Judicial Dissolution
Terms Used In New York Laws > Business Corporation > Article 11 - Judicial Dissolution
- child care product: means all pacifiers and unfilled beverage containers to be used by children under three years old for the consumption of liquids including pacifiers, baby bottles, baby bottle liners and cups, cup lids, straws and sippy cups. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 37-0503
- Commissioner: shall mean the commissioner of consumer and worker protection. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Department: shall mean the department of consumer and worker protection. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Facility: means all buildings, equipment, structures, and other stationary items located on a single site or adjacent sites and owned or operated by the same person (or by any person who controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, such person). See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 37-0301
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- License: shall mean an authorization by the department of consumer and worker protection to carry on various activities within its jurisdiction, which may take the form of a license, permit, registration, certification or such other form as is designated under law, regulation or rule. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- manufacture: means to produce, prepare, import, or compound a toxic chemical. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 37-0301
- Person: shall mean a natural person or an organization. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- release: means any spilling, leaking, pumping, pouring, emitting, emptying, discharging, injecting, escaping, leaching, dumping, or disposing into the environment (including the abandonment or discarding of barrels, containers, and other closed receptacles) of any hazardous chemical, extremely hazardous substance, or toxic chemical. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 37-0301
- State agency: means :
(a) each state department;
(b) division of military and naval affairs, division of state police, division of housing and community renewal, division for youth, office of general services, office of parks, recreation and historic preservation, and state university of New York;
(c) any division, board, commission, office, or bureau of any state department which is required to obtain a permit issued by the department or which undertakes an activity for which it must register with the department; and
(d) dormitory authority of the state of New York, facilities development corporation, metropolitan
authority (including the operations of all of its operating units), New York state energy research and development authority, New York state environmental facilities corporation, New York state olympic regional development authority, New York state thruway authority, New York state urban development corporation, port authority of New York and New Jersey, and power authority of the state of New York. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 37-0301
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- toxic chemical: means a substance on the list described in 42 U. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 37-0301