|§ 19-0501||Notice of Hearing; Service of Process|
|§ 19-0503||Complaints; Investigation|
|§ 19-0505||Notice of Violation and Public Hearing|
|§ 19-0507||Conduct of Hearing|
|§ 19-0509||Order or Determination; Burdens of Proof|
|§ 19-0511||Review by the Courts|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Environmental Conservation > Article 19 > Title 5
- Act: means the Federal Clean Air Act, 42 U. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 19-0107
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bank: means a bank, trust company, private banker, savings bank, savings and loan association, credit union, investment company organized under article twelve of this chapter and authorized to accept deposits, national bank, federal savings association, federal credit union, or out-of-state state bank, as such term is defined in subdivision two of section two hundred twenty-two of this chapter, having a principal, branch or trust office in this state. See N.Y. Banking Law 554
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Insured: means a person who enters into a premium finance agreement with a premium finance agency or makes and delivers a premium finance agreement to, or to the order of, an insurance agent or broker, whether or not he is insured under an insurance contract, premiums for which are advanced or to be advanced under the premium finance agreement. See N.Y. Banking Law 554
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Person: means any individual, public or private corporation, political subdivision, agency, board, department or bureau of the state, municipality, partnership, association, firm, trust, estate or any other legal entity whatsoever which is recognized by law as the subject of rights and duties. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 19-0107
- Person: means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, two or more persons having a joint or common interest, or any other legal or commercial entity. See N.Y. Banking Law 554
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Premium finance agency: means :
(a) a person engaged, in whole or in part, in the business of entering into premium finance agreements with insureds, including a bank if so engaged; or
(b) a person engaged, in whole or in part, in the business of acquiring premium finance agreements from insurance agents or brokers or other premium finance agencies, including a bank if so engaged and an insurance agent or broker who is licensed as a premium finance agency and who holds premium finance agreements made and delivered by insureds to him or his order. See N.Y. Banking Law 554
- Premium finance agreement: means a promissory note or other written agreement by which an insured promises or agrees to pay to, or to the order of, either a premium finance agency or an insurance agent or broker the amount advanced or to be advanced under the agreement to an authorized insurer or to an insurance agent or broker in payment of premiums on an insurance contract, together with a service charge as authorized and limited by law. See N.Y. Banking Law 554
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Superintendent: means the superintendent of financial services. See N.Y. Banking Law 554
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.