|§ 27-2003||Postconsumer Paint Collection Program|
|§ 27-2005||Reporting Requirements|
|§ 27-2007||Department Responsibilities|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Environmental Conservation > Article 27 > Title 20
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- architectural paint: means interior and exterior architectural coatings sold in containers of five gallons or less; provided, however, that "architectural paint" shall not include industrial, original equipment or specialty coatings. See
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- department: means the department of environmental conservation. See
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- environmentally sound management practices: means procedures for the collection, storage, transportation, reuse, recycling and disposal of architectural paint, to be implemented by the producer or representative organization or by the producers or representative organization's contracted partners to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and any regulations and ordinances for the protection of human health and the environment and these procedures shall address adequate record keeping, tracking and documenting of the final disposition of materials. See
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- License: shall mean an authorization by the department of consumer and worker protection to carry on various activities within its jurisdiction, which may take the form of a license, permit, registration, certification or such other form as is designated under law, regulation or rule. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Organization: shall mean a business entity, including but not limited to a corporation, trust, estate, partnership, cooperative, association, firm, club or society. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- postconsumer paint: means architectural paint not used and no longer wanted by a consumer. See
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- producer: means a manufacturer of architectural paint who sells, offers for sale or distributes the architectural paint in the state. See
- program: means the postconsumer paint collection program established pursuant to section 27-2003 of this title. See
- recycling: means a process by which discarded products, components and by-products are transformed into new usable or marketable materials in a manner in which the original products may lose their identity. See
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- representative organization: means a not-for-profit organization established by producers to implement the postconsumer paint collection program. See
- retailer: means a person that offers architectural paint for sale at retail in the state. See
- Reuse: means the return of a product into the economic stream for use in the same kind of application as the product was originally intended to be used, without a change in the product's identity. See
- sale: means any transfer for consideration of title or the right to use, from a manufacturer or retailer to a person, including, but not limited to, transactions conducted through retail sales outlets, catalogs, mail, the telephone, the internet, or any electronic means; this does not include samples, donations, and reuse. See
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.