|§ 13-A-5.1||Relation to Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Estates, Powers and Trusts > Article 13-A > Part 5
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.