|§ 6-1.1||Estates Classified|
|§ 6-1.2||Estates Tail Abolished; Future Estates Limited Thereon|
|§ 6-1.3||When Estate for Life of Third Person Is Real Property; When Personal Property|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Estates, Powers and Trusts > Article 6 > Part 1 - Estates Classified as to Duration
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Subpoena duces tecum: A command to a witness to produce documents.