Terms Used In New York Laws > New York City Administrative Code > Title 11 > Chapter 6 > Subchap. 1
- Commissioner of finance: means the commissioner of finance of the city;
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- REIT: means a real estate investment trust as defined in section eight hundred fifty-six of the internal revenue code. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 11-601
- RIC: means a regulated investment company as defined in section eight hundred fifty-one of the internal revenue code. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 11-601
- Tax appeals tribunal: means the tax appeals tribunal established by section one hundred sixty-eight of the charter. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 11-601