|§ 2-201||The City of New York, Territory Thereof and Extent of Jurisdiction and Powers|
|§ 2-202||Division Into Boroughs and Boundaries Thereof|
|§ 2-203||Power to Mark Boundaries and to Make Surveys|
Terms Used In New York Laws > New York City Administrative Code > Title 2 > Chapter 2
- Commission: means the public service commission of the state of New York. See N.Y. Public Service Law 135-B
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Energy conservation measures: means :
(a) caulking and weatherstripping of all exterior doors and windows;
(b) furnace efficiency modifications including but not limited to:
(i) replacement burners designed to reduce the firing rate or to achieve a reduction in the amount of fuel consumed as a result of increased combustion efficiency;
(ii) devices for modifying flue openings which will increase the efficiency of the heating system, and
(iii) electrical or mechanical furnace ignition systems which replace standing gas pilot lights;
(c) furnace and boiler retrofits, including but not limited to burner and system derating;
(d) furnace and boiler replacements regardless of the fuel used, provided that such replacement furnaces or boilers shall meet minimum efficiency standards established by the commission;
(e) heat pumps provided that such heat pumps shall meet such minimum efficiency standards for heating and cooling purposes established by the commission in the absence of any provision establishing such standards in the energy law;
(f) clock thermostats;
(g) ceiling, attic, wall, foundation, air duct, heating pipe and floor insulation;
(h) hot water heater insulation;
(i) storm and thermal windows and doors;
(j) solar and wind systems; and
(k) load management devices and energy use meters, together with associated wiring; and
(l) such other measures that the commission shall specify. See N.Y. Public Service Law 135-B
- Home conservation plan: means the general program administered and established by each utility pursuant to this article, which sets forth the framework for individual home energy conservation programs for eligible customers. See N.Y. Public Service Law 135-B
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Utility: means an investor-owned gas or electrical corporation regulated by the commission whose gross revenues for the preceding calendar year exceeded three hundred fifty million dollars. See N.Y. Public Service Law 135-B