New York Laws > Real Property Tax > Article 15-A > Title 1 – County Services to Cities and Towns
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In New York Laws > Real Property Tax > Article 15-A > Title 1 - County Services to Cities and Towns
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Uphold: The decision of an appellate court not to reverse a lower court decision.