Terms Used In New York Laws > Religious Corporations > Article 22 - Organizations of the Hindu Faith
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.