The several examining boards of plumbers shall have power and it shall be their duty:
Terms Used In N.Y. General City Law 44
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
1. To meet at stated intervals in their respective cities; they shall also meet whenever the board of health of such city or the mayor thereof shall in writing request them so to do.
2. To have jurisdiction over and to examine all persons desiring or intending to engage in the trade, business or calling of plumbing as employing plumbers in the city in which such board shall be appointed with the power of examining persons applying for certificates of competency as such employing or master plumbers or as inspectors of plumbing, to determine their fitness and qualifications for conducting the business of master plumbers or to act as inspector of plumbing, and to issue certificates of competency to all such persons who shall have passed a satisfactory examination before such board and shall be by it determined to be qualified for conducting the business as employing or master plumbers or competent to act as inspectors of plumbing.
3. To formulate in conjunction with the local board of health of the city or an officer, board or body performing the duties of a board of health a code of rules regulating the work of plumbing and drainage in such city, including the materials, workmanship and manner of executing such work and from time to time to add to, amend or alter the same, or in their discretion to adopt the standard plumbing code recommended by the state department of health.
4. To charge and collect from each person applying for examination the sum of ten dollars for each examination made by such board, and all moneys so collected shall be paid over by the board monthly to the chamberlain or treasurer of such city in which such board shall be appointed.