All owners of cooling towers shall register such towers with the department prior to initial operation in a form and manner as required by the commissioner and shall include, at a minimum, the following information:
Terms Used In N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 28-317.3
- cooling tower: means a cooling tower, evaporative condenser or fluid cooler that is part of a recirculated water system incorporated into a building's cooling, industrial process, refrigeration, or energy production system. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 28-317.2
1. Address of the building at which the cooling tower is located;
2. Intended use of cooling tower;
3. Name, address, telephone number and email address of owner;
4. Manufacturer of the cooling tower;
5. Model number of the cooling tower;
6. Specific unit serial number of the cooling tower;
7. Cooling capacity (tonnage) of the cooling tower;
8. Basin capacity of the cooling tower; and
9. Commissioning date of the cooling tower.
Exception: Owners of existing cooling towers shall register such towers within 30 days after the effective date of this section.