The inspection entity conducting an inspection of a building pursuant to this article and the owner of such building shall comply with the following requirements:
1. No later than 30 days after such inspection, such inspection entity shall submit to such owner (i) a report of such inspection, on a form and in a manner determined by the department, and (ii) a certification of the licensed master plumber who performed or exercised direct and continuing supervision over such inspection that an inspection pursuant to this article has been completed for such building. Such report shall be certified by such licensed master plumber and, where applicable, by any individual who performed such inspections under the direct and continuing supervision of such licensed master plumber, and shall include, for each gas piping system inspected, a list of conditions including instances where a part or parts of such system is worn to such an extent that the safe and reliable operation of such system may be affected, gas leaks, any observed non-code compliant installations or illegal connections, any conditions described in section 28-318.3.4 and any additional information required by the department.
2. No later than the due date for such inspection, in accordance with department rules, and no earlier than 60 days before such due date, such owner shall submit a certification from a licensed master plumber that an inspection pursuant to this article has been completed by such licensed master plumber for such building, provided that the department may by rule establish an alternative timeframe for such submissions.
3. No later than 90 days after the due date for such inspection, in accordance with department rules, such owner shall electronically submit, or cause to be submitted by such inspection entity, such report to the utility company providing gas service to such building. Such submission shall only be required if, before the date that such submission would be required, the department has determined and set forth in a rule that such utility company will accept such electronic submission at no cost to such owner.
4. No later than 120 days after the due date for such inspection, in accordance with department rules, such owner shall submit to the department, in a form and manner determined by the department, (i) a certification from a licensed master plumber that all conditions that were identified in the inspection report for which a certification was submitted pursuant to item 2 of this section have been corrected, except that such certification may note that correction of one or more conditions identified in such report, other than conditions referred to in section 28-318.3.4, will reasonably take additional time to complete and (ii) a certification from such owner that such owner is in compliance with item 3 of this section. If such certification notes that one or more conditions will take additional time to complete, such owner shall, no later than 180 days after the due date for such inspection, submit to the department, in a form and manner determined by the department, a certification from a licensed master plumber that all conditions identified in such report have been corrected.
5. All reports and certifications required by this section shall be kept on file by the inspection entity and the building owner for at least eight years after the date of inspection and made available to the department at the department’s request.