As used in this title, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context:
(1) The term “district” shall mean the Oswego port authority district created by section eighteen hundred twenty-seven of this title.
(2) The term “authority” shall mean the corporation created by section thirteen hundred fifty-three of this title.
(3) The term “board” shall mean the members of the authority.
(4) The term “bonds” shall mean bonds issued by the authority pursuant to this title.
(5) The term “city” shall mean the city of Oswego.
(6) The term “town” shall mean the town of Scriba, Oswego county.
(7) The term “port facilities” shall mean, among other things, wharfs, docks, piers, terminals, railroad tracks or terminals, cold storage and refrigerating plants, warehouses, elevators, freight-handling machinery and such equipment as is used in the handling of freight and the establishment and operation of a port, and work of deepening parts of the Oswego river and Lake Ontario adjacent to the terminal exclusive of the harbor channel, within the port district, and any other works, properties, buildings, structures or other facilities necessary or desirable in connection with the development and operation of port facilities in the district.
(8) The term “common council” shall mean the common council of the city.
(9) The term “mayor” shall mean the mayor of the city.
(10) The term “town board” shall mean the town board of the town of Scriba.
(11) The term “industrial project” shall mean a project designed and intended for the purpose of providing facilities for manufacturing, warehousing,
historical appreciation, research, business or other industrial purposes, including but not limited to machinery and equipment deemed necessary for the operation thereof (excluding raw materials, work in process or stock in trade), on land acquired or to be acquired by the authority in the city of Oswego and the two parcels previously acquired by the authority in the town of Scriba.