Where used in this article, the following terms, unless the context otherwise requires, shall have the following meanings.
Terms Used In N.Y. Public Service Law 120
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Municipality: means a county, city, town or village in the state. See N.Y. Public Service Law 120
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
1. “Municipality” means a county, city, town or village in the state.
2. “Major utility transmission facility” means: (a) an electric transmission line of a design capacity of one hundred twenty-five kilovolts or more extending a distance of one mile or more, or of one hundred kilovolts or more and less than one hundred twenty-five kilovolts, extending a distance of ten miles or more, including associated equipment, but shall not include any such transmission line located wholly underground in a city with a population in excess of one hundred twenty-five thousand or a primary transmission line approved by the federal energy regulatory commission in connection with a hydro-electric facility; and (b) a fuel gas transmission line extending a distance of one thousand feet or more to be used to transport fuel gas at pressures of one hundred twenty-five pounds per square inch or more, excluding appurtenant facilities, but shall not include any such transmission line which is located wholly underground in a city or wholly within the right of way of a state, county or town highway or village street as those terms are defined in article one of the highway law and article six of the village law, or which replaces an existing transmission line, including appurtenant facilities, and extends a distance of less than one mile.
3. “Person” means any individual, corporation, public benefit corporation, political subdivision, governmental agency, municipality, partnership, co-operative association, trust or estate.
4. “Appurtenant facilities” means installations (excluding gas compressors) which are merely auxiliary or appurtenant to a fuel gas transmission line such as: valves; drips; measuring and regulating equipment; yard and station piping; cathodic protection equipment; gas cleaning; cooling and dehydration equipment; residual refining equipment; water pumping; treatment and cooling equipment; electrical and communication equipment; and buildings.
5. “Landowner” means the holder of any right, title, or interest in real property subject to a proposed site or right of way as identified from the most recent tax roll of the appropriate city or county.