(a) A local board of education shall provide a student’s results on standardized tests required by the local board, as reported pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 115C-174.12(d), to the following persons and according to the following time lines:
(1) To the student’s teachers no later than one week after the standardized test is administered.
(2) To the student’s parents no later than 30 days after the standardized test is administered.
(b) If the superintendent of the local school administrative unit determines in writing that extenuating circumstances exist and reports those circumstances to the local board of education, the local board may extend the above time lines in the discretion of the local board of education. ?(2017-57, s. 7.28A(c).)
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes 115C-174.15
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of a statute, shall be construed to mean the section next preceding or next following that in which such reference is made; unless when some other section is expressly designated in such reference. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- in writing: may be construed to include printing, engraving, lithographing, and any other mode of representing words and letters: Provided, that in all cases where a written signature is required by law, the same shall be in a proper handwriting, or in a proper mark. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Local school administrative unit: means a subdivision of the public school system which is governed by a local board of education. See North Carolina General Statutes 115C-5
- Superintendent: means the superintendent of schools of a public school system or, in his absence, the person designated to fulfill his functions. See North Carolina General Statutes 115C-5