(a) Termination by Payment of Amount Owed. – Any lien under this Article shall be terminated upon receipt by the lienor of the full amount owed for the labor, skill, or materials on the aircraft, and for storage of the aircraft, which amount shall not be limited to any amount shown on the notice of lien filed under G.S. 44A-60, if a notice of lien has been filed by the lienor. Upon receipt of the amount owed, the lienor or the lienor’s agent shall release the aircraft to the owner, if the aircraft is in the possession of the lienor, and shall, within 20 days following a request in writing by the aircraft owner, file with the clerk of court a notice of satisfaction of lien, if a notice of lien has been filed by the lienor. A notice of satisfaction of lien shall state that the amount owed for the lienor’s expenditure of labor, skill, or materials on the aircraft, and for the storage of the aircraft, has been paid and the lien against the aircraft has been terminated. The notice of satisfaction of lien shall be sworn to or affirmed, and subscribed by the lienor or by someone on the lienor’s behalf having personal knowledge of the facts. Upon the filing of a notice of satisfaction of lien, the clerk of court shall make an entry of acknowledgment of satisfaction in the index.
(b) Termination by Deposit of Surety Bond. – Any lien under this Article shall be terminated by the clerk of court whenever a surety bond in a sum equal to one and one-fourth times the amount of the lien claimed against the aircraft and conditioned upon the payment of the amount finally determined to be due in satisfaction of the lien is deposited with the clerk of court. When a deposit that satisfies this subsection is made, the lienor or the lienor’s agent shall release the aircraft to the owner, if the aircraft is in the possession of the lienor. ?(2006-222, s. 1.1; 2013-17, s. 1.)
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes 44A-75
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Aircraft: As the term is defined in G. See North Carolina General Statutes 44A-50
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of a statute, shall be construed to mean the section next preceding or next following that in which such reference is made; unless when some other section is expressly designated in such reference. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- in writing: may be construed to include printing, engraving, lithographing, and any other mode of representing words and letters: Provided, that in all cases where a written signature is required by law, the same shall be in a proper handwriting, or in a proper mark. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Lienor: A person entitled to a lien under this Article. See North Carolina General Statutes 44A-50
- Owner: As the term is defined in G. See North Carolina General Statutes 44A-50
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3