|§ 160D-502||Grants, contracts, and technical assistance|
|§ 160D-503||Coordination of planning|
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 160D > Article 5
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- City: As defined in G. See North Carolina General Statutes 160D-102
- Comprehensive plan: A comprehensive plan that has been officially adopted by the governing board pursuant to G. See North Carolina General Statutes 160D-102
- County: Any one of the counties listed in G. See North Carolina General Statutes 160D-102
- Development: Any of the following:
- Development regulation: A unified development ordinance, zoning regulation, subdivision regulation, erosion and sedimentation control regulation, floodplain or flood damage prevention regulation, mountain ridge protection regulation, stormwater control regulation, wireless telecommunication facility regulation, historic preservation or landmark regulation, housing code, State Building Code enforcement, or any other regulation adopted pursuant to this Chapter, or a local act or charter that regulates land use or development. See North Carolina General Statutes 160D-102
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of a statute, shall be construed to mean the section next preceding or next following that in which such reference is made; unless when some other section is expressly designated in such reference. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Governing board: The city council or board of county commissioners. See North Carolina General Statutes 160D-102
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Legislative decision: The adoption, amendment, or repeal of a regulation under this Chapter or an applicable local act. See North Carolina General Statutes 160D-102
- Local government: A city or county. See North Carolina General Statutes 160D-102
- Planning board: Any board or commission established pursuant to G. See North Carolina General Statutes 160D-102
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3