|§ 95-32||Declaration of policy|
|§ 95-33||Scope of Article|
|§ 95-34||Administration of Article|
|§ 95-35||Conciliation service established; personnel; removal; compensation|
|§ 95-36||Powers and duties of Commissioner and conciliator|
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 95 > Article 4
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.