As used in this code, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Depose” includes every mode of written statement under oath or affirmation.
2. “Executor” includes administrator and “administrator” includes executor.
3. “Individual” means a human being.
4. “Oath” includes “affirmation”.
5. “Organization” includes a foreign or domestic association, business trust, corporation, enterprise, estate, joint venture, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, limited partnership, partnership, trust, or any legal or commercial entity.
6. “Partnership” includes a limited liability partnership registered under chapter 45-22.
7. “Penitentiary” includes any affiliated facilities.
8. “Person” means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality.
9. “Personal property” includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, and evidences of debt.
10. “Preceding” and “following” when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute means the next preceding or next following chapter or other part.
11. “Primary sector business” means an individual, corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or association certified by the department of commerce division of economic development and finance which through the employment of knowledge or labor adds value to a product, process, or service which results in the creation of new wealth.
For purposes of this subsection, “new wealth” means revenues generated by a business in this state through the sale of products or services to:
a. Customers outside of this state; or
b. Customers in this state if the products or services were previously unavailable or difficult to obtain from a business in this state.
12. “Process” means a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings.
13. “Property” includes property, real and personal.
14. “Real property” shall be coextensive with lands, tenements, and hereditaments.
15. “Rule” includes regulation.
16. “Signature” or “subscription” includes “mark” when the person cannot write, the person’s name being written near it and written by a person who writes that person’s own name as a witness.
17. “State” when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories.
18. “Testify” includes every mode of oral statement under oath or affirmation.
19. “United States” includes the District of Columbia and the territories.
20. “Will” includes codicils.
21. “Writ” means an order or precept in writing, issued in the name of the state or of a court or judicial officer.