1. A person may not intentionally or knowingly:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 12.1-39-02
- felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes , where relevant, a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
a. Perform or attempt to perform human cloning;
b. Participate in performing or attempting to perform human cloning;
c. Transfer or receive the product of a human cloning for any purpose; or
d. Transfer or receive, in whole or in part, any oocyte, human embryo, human fetus, or human somatic cell, for the purpose of human cloning.
2. Nothing in subsection 1 restricts areas of scientific research not specifically prohibited, including in vitro fertilization, the administration of fertility-enhancing drugs, or research in the use of nuclear transfer or other cloning techniques to produce molecules, deoxyribonucleic acid, tissues, organs, plants, animals other than humans, or cells other than human embryos.
3. A person who violates subdivision a or b of subsection 1 is guilty of a class C felony. A person who violates subdivision c or d of subsection 1 is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
Page No. 1