(A) Before the director of environmental protection takes any action under section 3710.12 of the Revised Code, the director shall give the license applicant, licensee, or certificate holder against whom action is contemplated an opportunity for a hearing.
Terms Used In Ohio Code 3710.13
- Asbestos: means the asbestiform varieties of serpentine (chrysotile), riebeckite (crocidolite), cummingtonite-grunerite, anthophylite, and actinolite-tremolite as determined using the method specified in 40 C. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- Certificate: means :
(1) A document issued by the director to an individual affirming that the individual has successfully completed the training and other requirements set forth in this chapter to qualify as an asbestos hazard abatement specialist, an asbestos hazard evaluation specialist, an asbestos hazard abatement worker, an asbestos hazard abatement project designer, an asbestos hazard abatement air-monitoring technician, an approved asbestos hazard training provider, or other category of asbestos hazard specialist that the director establishes by rule; or
(2) A document issued by a training institution in accordance with rules adopted by the director affirming that an individual has successfully completed the instruction required in all categories as provided in sections 3710. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- License: means a document issued by the director of environmental protection to a business entity or public entity affirming that the entity has met the requirements set forth in this chapter to engage in asbestos hazard abatement projects as an asbestos hazard abatement contractor. See Ohio Code 3710.01
- Person: means any individual, business entity, governmental body, or other public or private entity. See Ohio Code 3710.01
Except as otherwise provided in this section, the director shall give notice and hold the hearing in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
(B) The director, without notice or hearing and in accordance with rules adopted by the director , may issue an order requiring any action necessary to meet an environmental health emergency involving asbestos. Any person to whom an order is directed shall immediately comply with the order. Upon application to the director , the person shall be afforded a hearing as soon as possible, but no more than twenty days after receipt of the application by the director.
(C) If the director determines, pursuant to division (B) of this section, that an environmental health emergency involving asbestos exists, the director may order, without a hearing, the denial, suspension, or revocation of any license or certificate issued under this chapter of the parties involved, provided that an opportunity for a hearing is provided to the affected party as soon as reasonably possible.
Amended by 132nd General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 49, §101.01, eff. 1/1/2018.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Effective Date: 10-08-1992 .