(1) There is established in the Oregon Health Authority the Center for Health Statistics, which shall maintain, operate and advance the system of vital statistics throughout this state in cooperation with appropriate units of county government. The Center for Health Statistics shall be responsible for the proper administration of the system of vital statistics and for the preservation and security of its official records.
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes 432.010
- Date of registration: means the month, day and year a vital record is incorporated into the official records of the Center for Health Statistics. See Oregon Statutes 432.005
- Record: means a report that has been registered by the state registrar. See Oregon Statutes 432.005
- Report: means a document, whether in paper or electronic format, containing information related to a vital event submitted by a person required to submit the information to the state registrar for the purpose of registering a vital event. See Oregon Statutes 432.005
- State: includes a state or territory of the United States, the District of Columbia and New York City. See Oregon Statutes 432.005
- Vital statistics: means the aggregated data derived from records and reports of live birth, death, fetal death, induced termination of pregnancy, marriage, declaration of domestic partnership, dissolution of marriage, dissolution of domestic partnership and supporting documentation and related reports. See Oregon Statutes 432.005
(2) In order to promote and maintain nationwide uniformity in the system of vital statistics, the forms for reports and records required by this chapter and the rules adopted under this chapter must include, at a minimum, the items recommended by the federal agency responsible for national vital statistics.
(3) Each report, record and other document required by this chapter shall be on a form or in a format prescribed by the State Registrar of the Center for Health Statistics.
(4) All records shall contain the date of registration.
(5) Information required in forms, reports or records authorized by this chapter may be submitted, verified, registered and stored by photographic, electronic or other means as prescribed by the state registrar. [Amended by 1983 c.709 § 2; 1993 c.324 § 2; 1997 c.783 § 2; 2009 c.595 § 605; 2013 c.366 § 2]