(1) Every person who manufactures, delivers or dispenses any controlled substance within this state or who proposes to engage in the manufacture, delivery or dispensing of any controlled substance within this state, must obtain annually a registration issued by the State Board of Pharmacy in accordance with its rules.
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes 475.125
- Manufacturer: means every person who produces, brews, ferments, manufactures or blends an alcoholic beverage within this state or who imports or causes to be imported into this state an alcoholic beverage for sale or distribution within the state. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 15-103.1 - Chief of Department
- Person: includes individuals, corporations, associations, firms, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint stock companies. See N.Y. Penal Law 235.05 - Obscenity in the Third Degree
(2) Persons registered by the board under ORS 475.005 to 475.285 and 475.752 to 475.980 to manufacture, deliver, dispense or conduct research with controlled substances may possess, manufacture, deliver, dispense or conduct research with those substances to the extent authorized by their registration and in conformity with the other provisions of ORS 475.095 and 475.125 to 475.185 and other applicable laws of this state.
(3) The following persons need not register and may lawfully possess controlled substances under ORS 475.005 to 475.285 and 475.752 to 475.980:
(a) An agent or employee of any registered manufacturer, distributor or dispenser of any controlled substance if the agent or employee is acting in the usual course of business or employment.
(b) A common or contract carrier or warehouseman, or an employee thereof, whose possession of any controlled substance is in the usual course of business or employment.
(c) An ultimate user or a person in possession of any controlled substance pursuant to a lawful order of a practitioner or in lawful possession of a Schedule V substance, unless otherwise prohibited.
(d) A practitioner otherwise licensed under the laws of this state and authorized to dispense or administer a controlled substance by the licensing authority.
(4) The board may waive by rule the requirement for registration of certain manufacturers or dispensers if it finds it consistent with the public health and safety.
(5) A separate registration is required at each principal place of business or professional practice where the applicant manufactures, delivers or dispenses controlled substances.
(6) The board may inspect the establishment of a registrant or applicant for registration in accordance with the rules of the board. [1977 c.745 § 8; 1995 c.440 § 24; 2011 c.524 § 23]
[Repealed by 1957 c.587 § 12]