|§ 146.003||Definitions for ORS 146.003 to 146.189 and 146.710 to 146.992|
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes > Chapter 146 > Investigation of Deaths > Definitions
- Any other state: includes any state and the District of Columbia. See Oregon Statutes 174.100
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes individuals, corporations, associations, firms, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint stock companies. See Oregon Statutes 174.100
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes territories, outlying possessions and the District of Columbia. See Oregon Statutes 174.100