|Operator Certification for Sewage Treatment Works and Potable Water Treatment Plants|
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes > Chapter 448
- Administrator: means the Administrator of the Personnel Division. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Affirmed: In the practice of the appellate courts, the decree or order is declared valid and will stand as rendered in the lower court.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Appointing authority: means an officer or agency having power to make appointments to positions in the state service. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board: means the Employment Relations Board. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- classification: means a group of positions in the state classified service sufficiently alike in duties, authority and responsibilities that the same qualifications may reasonably be required for, and the same schedule of pay can be equitably applied to, all positions in the group. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Codicil: An addition, change, or supplement to a will executed with the same formalities required for the will itself.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Division of the service: means a state department or any division or branch thereof, any agency of the state government, or any branch of the state service, all the positions in which are under the same appointing authority. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Grace period: The number of days you'll have to pay your bill for purchases in full without triggering a finance charge. Source: Federal Reserve
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- local government: means all cities, counties and local service districts located in this state, and all administrative subdivisions of those cities, counties and local service districts. See Oregon Statutes 174.116
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- person with a disability: means any person who:
(a) Has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities;
(b) Has a record of such an impairment; or
(c) Is regarded as having such an impairment. See Oregon Statutes 174.107
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Regular employee: means an employee who has been appointed to a position in the classified service in accordance with this chapter after completing the trial service period. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Sexual orientation: means an individual's actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality or gender identity, regardless of whether the individual's gender identity, appearance, expression or behavior differs from that traditionally associated with the individual's sex at birth. See Oregon Statutes 174.100
- state government: means the executive department, the judicial department and the legislative department. See Oregon Statutes 174.111
- State service: means all offices and positions in the employ of the state other than those of commissioned, warrant and enlisted personnel in the military and naval services thereof. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Trustor: The person who makes or creates a trust. Also known as the grantor or settlor.
- Violate: includes failure to comply. See Oregon Statutes 174.100
- wife: means spouses or a spouse in a marriage. See Oregon Statutes 174.100