|§ 673.712||Refund anticipation loan disclosures|
|§ 673.715||Local government regulation of refund anticipation loans prohibited; preemption|
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes > Chapter 673 > Tax Consultants and Tax Preparers > Refund Anticipation Loans
- Annual percentage rate: The cost of credit at a yearly rate. It is calculated in a standard way, taking the average compound interest rate over the term of the loan so borrowers can compare loans. Lenders are required by law to disclose a card account's APR. Source: FDIC
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- City: includes any incorporated village or town. See Oregon Statutes 174.100
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- local government: means all cities, counties and local service districts located in this state, and all administrative subdivisions of those cities, counties and local service districts. See Oregon Statutes 174.116
- Truth in Lending Act: The Truth in Lending Act is a federal law that requires lenders to provide standardized information so that borrowers can compare loan terms. In general, lenders must provide information on Source: OCC