Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 10-7.1 - Libel of a Deceased Person
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.