Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 34-44.1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- in writing: include printing, engraving, lithographing, and photo-lithographing, and all other representations of words in letters of the usual form. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-16
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- loaned: means a deposit with a museum that: (i) Title to the property is not transferred to the museum, (ii) The loan agreement for such deposit does not include a provision that the museum acquire title at some time after such deposit is made; or (iii) The loan agreement for such deposit includes an option for the museum to acquire title at some time after such deposit is made;
(4) "Lender" means a person (an individual, association, partnership, corporation, trust, estate, or other entity, excluding the property of any agency or public body as defined in § 38-1-1. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-44.1-1
- Museum: means an organized and permanent nonprofit or public institution in Rhode Island operated by, or a division of, a nonprofit corporation, trust, association, educational institution, or public agency, that is primarily educational, scientific, historic, or aesthetic in purpose, and that owns, borrows, cares for, studies, archives, or exhibits property. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-44.1-1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6
- Property: means any tangible object in the possession of and under a museum's care that has intrinsic educational, scientific, historical, artistic, aesthetic, or cultural value, excluding the property of any agency or public body as defined in § 38-1-1. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-44.1-1
- Publication: means inclusion in the online publication of lists of abandoned property established pursuant to § 33-21. See Rhode Island General Laws 34-44.1-1