|§ 6-47-1||Advertising by fax|
|§ 6-47-2||Unsolicited electronic mail|
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 6-47 - Internet Access and Advertising by Facsimile
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6
- unsolicited fax: means any document or documents consisting of advertising material for the lease, sale, rental, gift offer, or other disposition of any realty, goods, services, or extension of credit that meet both of the following requirements:
(1) The documents are addressed to a recipient with whom the initiator does not have an existing business or personal relationship. See Rhode Island General Laws 6-47-1