|§ 9-19.1-1||“Newspaper” defined|
|§ 9-19.1-2||Nondisclosure of confidential information|
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 9-19.1
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.