The board is responsible for examining applicants for registered environmental sanitarians, investigating complaints, and investigating and prosecuting violations of this chapter.
Terms Used In South Carolina Code 40-61-20
- Board: means the South Carolina State Board of Examiners for Registered Environmental Sanitarians. See South Carolina Code 40-61-10
- Department: means the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation;
(5) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation or the director's official designee;
(6) "Licensee" means a person granted an authorization to practice pursuant to this article and refers to a person holding a license, permit, certification, or registration granted pursuant to this article;
(7) "Licensing act" means the individual statute or regulations, or both, of each regulated profession or occupation which include, but are not limited to, board governance, the qualifications and requirements for authorization to practice, prohibitions, and disciplinary procedures;
(8) "Person" means an individual, partnership, or corporation;
(9) "Profession" or "occupation" means a profession or occupation regulated or administered, or both, by the department pursuant to this article. See South Carolina Code 40-1-20
The board may promulgate regulations to carry out the provisions of this chapter.
The Governor may remove any member of the board who has been guilty of continued neglect of his duties or who is found to be incompetent, unprofessional, or dishonorable. No member must be removed without first giving him an opportunity to refute the charges filed against him. He must be given a copy of the charges at the time they are filed.
Vacancies on the board are filled in the same manner as the original appointment for the unexpired portion of the term.