Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 48 > Chapter 34
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Certified prescribed fire manager: means an individual who successfully completes a certification program approved by the State Commission of Forestry. See South Carolina Code 48-34-20
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Hospital: means a hospital licensed, accredited, or approved under the laws of this State and includes a hospital operated by the United States or the State or its subdivisions, although not required to be licensed under state law. See South Carolina Code 44-43-910
- Organ and Tissue Procurement Organization: means the organ procurement organization designated to perform organ recovery services in South Carolina by the United States Department of Health and Human Services which also has the capability to procure tissue. See South Carolina Code 44-43-910
- Prescribed fire: means a controlled fire applied to forest, brush, or grassland vegetative fuels under specified environmental conditions and precautions which cause the fire to be confined to a predetermined area and allow accomplishment of the planned land management objectives. See South Carolina Code 48-34-20
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.