Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-29
- controlled drug or substance: means a drug, substance, or immediate precursor in Schedules I through IV of §. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-3
- Department: the Department of Health created by chapter 1-43. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-1
- drug: means :
. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-2
- Manufacture: the production, preparation, propagation, compounding, or processing of a controlled drug or substance, either directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of natural origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-1
- Person: any corporation, association, limited liability company, partnership or one or more individuals. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-1
- State: the State of South Dakota. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-1
Any person who prescribes, manufactures, distributes, or dispenses any controlled drug or substance within this state or who proposes to engage in the prescribing, manufacture, distribution, or dispensing of any controlled drug or substance within this state, shall obtain a registration issued by the department according to the rules promulgated under this chapter.
Source: SL 1970, ch 229, § 9 (a); SDCL Supp, § 39-17-72; SL 1995, ch 191, § 3; SL 2004, ch 229, § 2.