Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 34-29A-25
- boiler: includes fired units for heating or vaporizing liquids other than water where these units are separate from processing systems and are complete within themselves. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-29A-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Day: the period from midnight to midnight. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes natural persons, partnerships, associations, cooperative corporations, limited liability companies, and corporations. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- State: the State of South Dakota. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
No person, firm, partnership, limited liability company, or corporation may operate in this state a boiler without a valid operation certificate. The operation of a boiler without the operation certificate, or at a pressure exceeding that specified in the operation certificate, by the owner, user, or operator of the boiler is a Class 1 misdemeanor. Each day of operation in violation of this section is a separate offense.