For the purposes of this chapter, any of the following acts constitute unprofessional conduct:
(1) Conviction of or a plea of guilty to any felony, any crime involving or relating to the practice of massage, or any crime involving dishonesty or moral turpitude;
Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 36-35-13
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
(2) Providing the board false or misleading information on any application for a license or renewal of a license;
(3) Willful misconduct or negligence in the practice of massage;
(4) Exceeding the scope of practice of massage as defined in § 36-35-1 ;
(5) Engaging in any lewd or immoral conduct;
(6) Making fraudulent charges for services;
(7) Engaging in conduct which endangers the health or welfare of clients or other persons;
(8) Failure to comply with any provision of this chapter; or
(9) Engaging in any act that aids, abets, facilitates, or promotes a violation of this chapter.
Source: SL 2005, ch 206, § 13; SL 2013, ch 184, § 9; SL 2015, ch 201, § 3; SL 2016, ch 197, § 10.