The board may:
(1) Administer, coordinate, and enforce the provisions of this chapter;
Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 36-35-6.1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
(2) Evaluate the qualifications of applicants for licensure and permits and issue and renew licenses and permits;
(3) Maintain the names of persons that meet the qualifications for licensure;
(4) Conduct all disciplinary proceedings under this chapter;
(5) Maintain a record of each complaint received by the board;
(6) Establish standards for the safe and qualified practice of massage therapy;
(7) Report licensing actions and status to relevant state and federal governing bodies as may be required, or as the board deems appropriate; and
(8) Employ or contract with personnel and enter into contracts pursuant to law to carry out the board’s responsibilities.
Source: SL 2016, ch 197, § 19.