Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-22.1
- Board: the State Board of Dentistry. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Dentistry: the examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prevention, or treatment, including surgery and the prescribing of drugs, of diseases, disorders, or conditions of the human oral cavity or its adjacent or associated tissues and structures of the maxillofacial area, and their impact on the human body. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Good faith: an honest intention to abstain from taking any unconscientious advantage of another, even through the forms or technicalities of law, together with an absence of all information or belief of facts which would render the transaction unconscientious. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- Licensee: a dentist or dental hygienist. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- State: the State of South Dakota. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- Writing: and "written" include typewriting and typewritten, printing and printed, except in the case of signatures, and where the words are used by way of contrast to typewriting and printing. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
Each facility licensed by the state where medicine or dentistry is practiced that suspends or revokes the privilege of a licensee of the board to practice dentistry therein for professional incompetence or unprofessional or dishonorable conduct as defined in this chapter shall report it in writing to the board including the factual basis of such revocation or suspension of the practice privilege. Any report made to the board pursuant to this section is confidential and subject to the same restrictions set forth in § 36-6A-22.2. No licensed facility, complying in good faith with this section, may be held liable for any injury or damage proximately resulting from the compliance.