Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-30
- Board: the State Board of Dentistry. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Dental: pertaining to dentistry. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Dentist: a person licensed as a dentist pursuant to this chapter. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes natural persons, partnerships, associations, cooperative corporations, limited liability companies, and corporations. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- State: the State of South Dakota. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
No person in this state may sell, offer, provide, or advertise any dental service including the furnishing, constructing, reproduction, relining, or repair of dentures, bridges, plates, or other appliances to be used or worn as substitutes for natural teeth unless the person holds the appropriate license, registration, or permit issued by the board. A violation of this section is a Class 1 misdemeanor.
The mere delivery of products to an ultimate consumer or person acting on behalf of the consumer for the purpose of transporting products to the dentist who provided the work order is not a violation of this section. This section does not apply to mailings, displays, and advertisements, the primary distribution of which is to the dental profession or its ancillary trades.