Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-49
- Board: the State Board of Dentistry. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Dental: pertaining to dentistry. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Dental hygienist: a person licensed as a dental hygienist pursuant to this chapter, who, under the supervision of a dentist, renders the diagnostic, preventive, or therapeutic dental services, and any educational services provided pursuant thereto, as authorized by this chapter, as well as any related extra-oral procedure required in the practice of those services. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Dentist: a person licensed as a dentist pursuant to this chapter. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- State: the State of South Dakota. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
Any dentist or dental hygienist licensed in a state or territory of the United States whose licensure requirements are equivalent or higher than those of this state and who has completed a minimum of fifteen hundred clinical practice hours within the five years preceding the date of application or graduated from an American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation accredited United States dental or dental hygiene school within three years preceding the date of application, with all licenses in good standing and no disciplinary proceeding or unresolved disciplinary complaint pending before a dental board, may be granted a temporary registration to practice in conjunction with a dentist or entity pursuant to subdivision 36-6A-33(9), (10), (12), or (13) only until a date set by the board and is subject to the requirements and conditions set forth in said registration.