Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-49.1
- Board: the State Board of Dentistry. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Dental: pertaining to dentistry. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Dental hygienist: a person licensed as a dental hygienist pursuant to this chapter, who, under the supervision of a dentist, renders the diagnostic, preventive, or therapeutic dental services, and any educational services provided pursuant thereto, as authorized by this chapter, as well as any related extra-oral procedure required in the practice of those services. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Dentist: a person licensed as a dentist pursuant to this chapter. See South Dakota Codified Laws 36-6A-1
- Person: includes natural persons, partnerships, associations, cooperative corporations, limited liability companies, and corporations. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
Any person who has applied for a license to practice as a dentist or a dental hygienist and has met all of the requirements for the license, may be granted a temporary registration to practice as a dentist or a dental hygienist only until a date set by the board. The person is subject to the requirements and conditions set forth in the registration.